Saturday, April 25, 2015

Photo challenge: A cat a day

One thing that I learned recently was that the name of my ginger male cat was infact spelt Maxy instead of Maxi. I found the previous owner of Maxy and Annie on Facebook; and she had a little comic in her new book about me!So recently my cat Maxy was diagnosed with anaemia. That made me extremely concerned and not only was he extremely lethargic all day the vets said he was dehydrated and had a high fever. That led to me leaving Maxy at boarding overnight to leave him on the IV drip and medication. The vet bills were not cheap and i felt extremely guilty for making my grandma pay for the price but what else could i have done.

In case you forgot what Maxy looked like. These were taken on the first night i had them over!




Since Maxy had anaemia he had to do another two blood tests which cost approximately $200 each to find out what specific type of anaemia he had and if worse led to worse he would need a blood transfusion that would be minimum of $1000. The vet bills were already $400 so chipping out almost another $2000 was not possible for me. I asked the vet what the alternative was that i could do; he said that he would have to assume Maxy's anaemia and give him medication and antibiotics for that but it wouldn't necessarily work. I asked for that option instead. If worst came to worst Maxy would have to be put to sleep.

Now two weeks from bringing Maxy to the vet he is much better and lively, but that doesn't mean he is better. I can't be too sure about that but i am more than glad he is healthy again. The vet bills were still expensive regardless. They were $536.26; goodness that number. Why don't animals get Medicare?!

That experience really made me realise how much I take my cats for granted. I let them run around outside and when I do see them i just give them a few pets. What if one day they just disappeared or got ran over by a car?

So i assigned myself with a challenge to take a photo a day of either Maxy or Annie and post it on instagram. This would mean i have plenty of memories and photos of both of them. I wouldn't know how to react if i somehow had to let them go. They're like my babies.

Sad days aside i started the challenge today and you can find my pictures @frogkisses on instagram!

A photo posted by Wose (@frogkisses) on
Also get Mami's book here! (previous owner of Maxy and Annie)

This was the page that i was featured on! That's me in yellow receiving Maxy and Annie and how she described my big house!



Bonus story: Today i had to feed the medications to Maxy and i let both of them inside. As soon as they got in they were sniffing something on the carpet. I picked up Annie and she was wet! It was raining at that time. What the Annie! Why weren't you inside? I turned on the light and to my surprise there was a little grey mouse. It was still perfectly alive and not injured. I figured it must have been Annie that caught it since she was drenched.

I shit you not when i say this, but that mouse was adorable. I picked it up and it squeeked and bit my finger because it was so terrified, then my grandma went full agrarian and told me to drop it. She then stepped on it. So brutal. I got so sad/mad at my grandma because i wanted to release it back outside. The mouse died of suffocation and internal bleeding because my grandma stepped on it. Freaking farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment