Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Review: My Beauty Diary Bird’s Nest Mask

I'm posting for the sake of one of my readers. I feel loved how she continually reads my blog, so touching.

Anyways let's write about something today. I am actually writing this not from the computer but from my phone :D

(download SwiftKey keyboard its actually amazing compared to the shifty android keyboard. I hate it so much compared to the iPhone one ha ha ha.)

I will try to put pictures in this post as not to bore you xD.. Btw! I found a way to attach h keychains/phone charms to your galaxy note!

All you need to do is locate the speakers on the back of the phone and there will be two little holes lol I just threaded my phone charm through there ~

Okay so today we are going to talk about My Beauty Diary's Bird's Nest Mask.
Well, there are pictures of me. (narcissism) but I can't seem to actually insert the images into this post. Lol. So the images are also not in chronogical order.

Well anyways. I got a gift box of 10 of these masks for my early birthday which was In April this year. Haha, I still haven't finished using them all.

One left after using this! Some background knowledge for you first~

Bird's Nest Soup is a delicacy in China made by a few species of cave swifts, the birds nests are world renowned for being made by strings of saliva (yuck) but the soup is one of the world most expensive foods because of the rarity and difficulty to find. It is also very harming to the cave swifts environment when the nests are harvested.

 
 
"My Beauty Diary Bird’s Nest Mask whitens, nourishes and renews the skin. Bird’s nest extract, a precious ingredient, and corallina officinalis, the so-called “bird’s nest from the bottom of the sea”, intensely enhances skin’s moisture level, and nourishes strongly. Hydrolyzed soy and rice protein enhance skin’s defence, elasticity and transparency. They also relieve discomfort resulting from dryness.It is suitable for normal skin. It is especially recommended for dry, rough and dull skin."

That description was copied from the sasa.com

My dodgy blurring~

How to use

1. After cleansing and toning steps, tear off the package of the mask and gently place it on the face.
2. Leave on for about 20 – 30 minutes. Then remove the mask.
3. Massage the remains, if any, into the skin. Follow with normal skin care procedure.

Tie up your hair before putting the mask on!
 
 
When I used it I kinda skipped step 1 lol because I didn't tone lol I came out of the shower and cleansed my face. While I was typing the top part of the post I was using the mask . I don't think the masks fits too well onto my face Haha. It's big. The part which doesn't fit the most is the part above the lip and below the nose. Lol I don't know what it's called. But seriously that part of the mask is so long and I wonder who has such a long line they look like a ape.

Well the feeling when it's on your face is really cooling lol. I don't even know how to describe it. It's like this refreshing sort of cold. I think it would be nice for a hot summer night but then again you would be sweating like a pig so I don't know.
 
Slapping it onto my face
 
I think the masks smells nice but that's not really the point xD I think that all my Beauty Diary masks smell the same... The liquid is so plentiful that it's dripping and I really hate to drip stuff onto my clothing but I find it slightly disgusting when you rub it into your neck... I spent all my 30 minutes just editing those pictures lol.. On some nights when I really cbf I just keep the mask on overnight and in the morning the mask is all devoid of liquids.

 
After taking it off my skin didn't feel soft it didn't feel nourished. It didn't feel anything LOL because if you know masks its best to use it at night when your face isn't in psychical contact much of weather and outside conditions. With the left over JUICES inside the package I extracted it thoroughly because I feel it's wasted if there are still things inside when I throw it. I think it works well as well like a sleep mask lol. Sleep masks are basically similar on consistent to the liquid. It's clear, runny and slightly sticky.

When I woke up in the morning I took some pictures lol (won't be posting those). One of my eyes are bigger than the other because I am so tired and I need to go school lol. Well the first thing I noticed in the morning was that my forehead was mega shiny lol. Even my grandma complimented on how shiny my forehead was. Umm what? That didn't use to happen. Anyways.

I felt that my skins blemishes were mostly faded as compared to last night. You might not notice in the photos. But in real life its just brighter. I don't know about the whitening effect because I can't really tell any very slight changed to skin colouring. Lol in the mornings my face is always really white. And hour in the day I look like I've been bathing in dirt.

The nourishing effect really to me IS A LIE. Well maybe not to others. After a while my skin started to patch up again and in that mean that my skin was drying up. Lol I don't think that anything can hydrate permenantly my dehydrated skin. Lol I think the cause for my dry skin may be I don't drink enough water. Dunno.

Pros
- whitens
- refreshing
- hydrates for a while
- convenient sizing
- plentiful liquids

Cons
- doesn't hydrate me enough
- mask slightly doesn't fit
-I have nothing much to say

Well overall there was more pros than cons! Would you repurchase? I think I wouldn't since there is a huge variety of masks available on the Asian markets.

In the end i was able to properly format this because i had to reedit this post on the computer.







No comments:

Post a Comment